Friday 15 April 2011

Mosley Looks Past Pacquiao




MANILA, Philippines - Shane Mosley, at 39, thinks he still has a bright future ahead of him.

And it would all begin with a big win against Manny Pacquiao, a fighter who’s probably unbeatable at this point of his career.

Mosley, who turns 40 in September, told On the Ropes radio program that he has what it takes to deal Pacquiao his first loss in six years.

The pride of Pomona in California said he’s got the size, the power, the speed to beat Pacquiao, now considered the greatest of his era, if not of all time.

They lock horns on May 7 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, and despite the odds stacked heavily against him, Mosley is confident of coming out of the Strip victorious.

Then all the windows will open up for him.

“I have to give it my one hundred percent all, give it everything I got, beat Pacquiao, we can do a rematch, fight Mayweather, and I think that’s pretty much it for me,” Mosley said.

Mayweather, of course, is the undefeated Floyd, who dealt Mosley a lopsided loss just over a year ago.






But to get to Mayweather, Mosley must first beat Pacquiao.

“Then I will go off and I will stop helping these young fighters become world champions and get into another side of the business,” he said.

That’s in case things go on as planned.

Mosley has shown great respect for Pacquiao, and during their press tour last February both fighters treated each other like long lost friends.

But Mosley said Pacquiao has his own flaws, his own weaknesses that he’s about to exploit before an expected sellout crowd at the MGM.

“Pacquiao’s not the hardest person to hit so I’m going to have a pretty good advantage with being able to hit him,” Mosley told the boxing radio show.

“I think with my size it’s going to help me a lot because I’m a lot faster than the guys that he’s fought and my timing is probably a little better than theirs, especially (Antonio) Margarito’s.”

Mosley said if Margarito could hit Pacquiao, and hurt him with good body shots, then why can’t he?

“I have a better chance of hitting him a lot on the button,” Mosley said.

Well, that remains to be seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment